Northern Illinois University announced its Fall 2013 Dean's List. The press release is below:
The following local residents have been recognized as Dean's List students at Northern Illinois University (NIU):
- David Guilford of Lake Zurich (60047). Guilford, as a student in the College of Business
- Lindsey Wooster of Lake Zurich (60047). Wooster, as a student in the College of Education
- Taylor Kotel of Hawthorn Woods (60047). Kotel, as a student in the College of Health & Human Sciences
- Stephanie Wonders of Lake Zurich (60047). Wonders, as a student in the College of Health & Human Sciences
- Megan Englehardt of Lake Zurich (60047). Englehardt, as a student in the College of Health & Human Sciences
- Taylor Crumley of Long Grove (60047). Crumley, as a student in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
The dean's list is compiled by NIU's academic colleges according to varying criteria. Students must meet a minimum semester grade point average of 3.75 on a 4.0 scale to receive this award.
Chartered in 1895, NIU is a comprehensive teaching and research institution with a diverse and international student body of about 21,000. Located near a vibrant research and development corridor, NIU's main DeKalb campus is 65 miles west of Chicago and 45 miles southeast of Rockford. NIU provides more than 60 undergraduate majors and 100 graduate- and doctoral- level programs in seven colleges (Business, Education, Engineering and Engineering Technology, Health and Human Sciences, Law, Liberal Arts and Sciences, and Visual and Performing Arts). The university also operates education centers in Chicago, Hoffman Estates, Naperville, Oregon and Rockford, where working professionals can access NIU programs at convenient times and locations. The 16 NIU Huskies athletic teams compete in the Mid-American Conference at the highest NCAA Division I level.
This content was submitted by a member of the community. We'd like to hear from you, too! To share stories, photos, video or events for our calendar, please use the Lake Zurich online submission tool or email Community News Manager Tessa McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org.